This part of the project BookOfProofs is dedicated to the history of mathematics and the evolvement of mathematical concepts worldwide over the centuries. The part is structured chronologically. It is divided into sections, beginning with the Prehistory, the Ancient World, Middle Ages, and the centuries from the 10th to the 21st Century.
This structure follows the western calendar, however, it does not mean that only deals with the history of occidental mathematics. The western calendar only gives one possible chronological structure, and any calendar would serve equally well for this purpose.
You will find below events with relevance to the development of mathematics worldwide, ordered chronologically, as well as fact sheets about the life of mathematicians, physicists, astronomers, also ordered chronologically by their birthday.
By the way: Did you know that today is the
- 296th birthday of Tobias Mayer,
- 129th birthday of Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher,
- 128th birthday of Adolf Abraham Halevi Fraenkel,
- 123th birthday of Evgeny Yakovlevich Remez,
- 114th birthday of Rózsa Péter,
- 101th birthday of Jacqueline Ferrand,
- 69th birthday of Viktor Aleksandrovich Gorbunov?
| | created: -0001-11-30 00:00:00 | modified: 2017-12-05 21:05:56 | by: bookofproofs